Saturday, April 7, 2012

Feature and Follow • 3

Feature and Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison can read as a great way to find new book blogs. 

This week's question - Have you ever bought a book BECAUSE of a bad review?
 I have to say in response, No I don't believe I have ever read a book because of a bad review. But then I have to say that I have never read a book because of a good review. I usually hear about books, decide whether or not I want to read it based on the summary on the book jacket or if it grabs me in the first few pages.  That's why I spend an inordinate amount of time in my library and at my local bookstore. Life could be worse I guess. Happy reading everyone!





8 comments:

  1. If all of my friends are gushing about a book I'll buy it. I've found most of my favorite authors based on goodreads & blogging friends reviews (I owe them many many thanks for introducing me to Melina Marchetta).

    I've never bought one because of a bad review, mainly because I prefer happy reading experiences.

    My follow friday. Hope you'll stop by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for swinging by my FF. I did stop by your blog and and I have to say I agree with you when it comes to taking recommendations/reviews from friends seriously!

      Happy Reading!

      Delete
  2. Interesting. I often read books because of negative and positive reviews.. Or no, I buy them because of positive reviews, I read them because of negative reviews. XD Am I even making any sense? Argh.

    Anyway, have a great day!

    Patricia // My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, thanks for swinging by my blog. The look of your blog is so clean and professional! :D

      I'd love to hear more about your position on books with bad reviews!

      MO

      Delete
  3. I like the way you do it- making up your own mind and reading it in spite of any reviews! I try and do it that way but sometimes can't help but get swayed by reviews!

    New follower :-)

    My FF: http://pocketfulofbooksblogger.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for swinging by! Love your blog!

      Delete
  4. Kindle samples are my favourite for 'screening' books based on the first few pages :)

    Following from FF - sorry it's taken me a while to get round to you! It's my first week joining in, I hope you might have time to visit my FF post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I got sick and wasn't able to respond to all my FF's! I'm now following through GFC and NB! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete